Olson Fabrication, Inc., a leading Fabrication and Machining company in Northeastern Wisconsin, is searching for a CNC Machinist.
The role of the CNC Machinist is all job tasks associated with machining parts per the customer’s print while staying focused on the overall quality of the product.
The CNC Machinist will work with internal teammates across all departments to maintain customer satisfaction of assigned work orders. The main duties of the CNC Machinist can be summarized as follows:
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Experience in CNC Machining – VMC and CNC Turning Center.
- Ability to Read and Interpret Complex Drawings, Blueprints, and Specifications from a Variety of Industries (Construction, Marine, Industrial & Commercial).
- Ability to Create, Edit, and Load Program to Machine to Customer Specifications.
- Perform Inspections Using Appropriate Tools to Ensure Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensions.
- Identify and Properly Document Non-Conforming Parts.
- Ability to Efficiently Set-up, Load Parts, and Operate the Machines.
- Able to Operate an Overhead Crane.
- Good knowledge of Materials, Tools, Speeds and Feeds, Coolant, and Machining Techniques.
- Properly Select the Correct Tooling and Conduct Required Tooling Changes.
- Record an Accurate Log of Times and Specification for Audit Reports.
- Maintain an organized work area, keep tooling and equipment clean.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate properly with a variety of staff to update, learn, and problem-solve in efforts to machine high-quality parts for our customers is required
High School diploma preferred but not required with proper experience base.
A minimum of two years of machining experience with a precision-based metal fabricator or general CNC machining shop preferred.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Experience with Haas and/or Mastercam Software controls is desired. Computer skills and ISO experience is preferred. Positive and professional attitude, reliable, self-motivated with continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to improve quality and safety.
This is a first shift position, working four 10-hour days in a great work environment with an excellent benefits package including health insurance and a 401k plan. If interested, please visit our website: www.olsonfabrication.com for options to apply, email resume to [email protected], or stop in for an application at 1101 Perry Street in Algoma, WI.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org