Quality Assurance Inspector
Olson Fabrication, Inc., a leading Fabrication and Machining company in a Northeastern Wisconsin, is searching for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join our team.
The role of the Quality Assurance Inspector is all quality documentation and inspection of fabricated and machined parts produced by Olson Fabrication.
The Quality Assurance Inspector will work with internal teammates across all departments to maintain customer satisfaction of assigned work orders. The main duties of the Quality Assurance Inspector can be summarized as follows:
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Experience in Quality Inspection of metal fabrication and machined parts.
- Experience and understanding of ISO 9000 Quality Management System.
- Maintaining the ISO 9000 and continuous improvement programs presently in place at Olson Fabrication.
- Ability to read customer prints from a variety of industries
- Knowledge of raw materials used (material grade, thickness, etc.), hardware, tooling, production processes and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products and quality of parts.
- Multitask to manage several projects
- Posses communication skills relevant to effectively communicate with supervisors, shop foreman, production control, and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machine or quality issues. Contributes to a positive teamwork environment.
- Interface with both customers and vendors to assure all quality procedures are fulfilled.
- Troubleshoot minor nonconformances independently as well as make routine decisions and use problem-solving to resolve basic nonconforming parts.
- Perform in-process inspections for dimension and overall quality
- Processes all required paperwork and documentation
- Ensure compliance with plant safety standards
- Other duties as assigned
Three to five years experience in a steel fabrication and machining environment. An Associate’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Technology or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience desired.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Positive and professional attitude, reliable, self-motivated with continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to improve quality and safety.
This is a first shift position, working four 10 hour days in a great work environment with an excellent benefits package including health insurance and 401k plan. If interested, please visit our website: www.olsonfabrication.com for options to apply, email resume to [email protected] or stop in for an application at 1101 Perry Street in Algoma, WI.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com