Olson Fabrication, Inc., a leading Fabrication and Machining company in Northeastern Wisconsin, is searching for a MIG Welder to join our team.
The role of the MIG Welder is to weld various parts from an array of different industries per print specifications.
The Welder will work with internal teammates across numerous departments to maintain customer satisfaction of assigned work orders. This position requires a hands-on team player with solid technical knowledge of metal fabrication. The main duties of the MIG Welder can be summarized as follows:
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Experience in medium to heavy steel fabrication, welding. Fit-up experience is a plus.
- Ability to read customer prints from a variety of industries
- Knowledge of raw materials used (material grade, thickness, etc.), hardware, tooling, production processes, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products and quality of parts.
- Welding skills necessary to become certified to AWS D1.1 and beyond.
- Multitask to manage several projects
- Possess communication skills relevant to effectively communicate with supervisors, sales, shop foreman, production control, and other shop personnel for assignments and for other related questions or concerns. Contributes to positive teamwork environment.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two years of experience in steel fabrication and machining environment. Completion of technical Welding Program or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience desired.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Positive and professional attitude, reliable, self-motivated with continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly with internal departments. Understanding of ISO standards is a plus.
This is a first shift position, working four 10-hour days in a great work environment with an excellent benefits package including health insurance and 401k plan. If interested, please visit our website: www.olsonfabrication.com for options to apply, email resume to [email protected], or stop in for an application at 1101 Perry Street in Algoma, WI.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com