Fabricator – Press Brake Operator￼
Olson Fabrication, Inc., a leading Fabrication and Machining company in a Northeastern Wisconsin, is searching for a Fabricator.
The Fabricator position is required to operate press brake, roller, shear and other fabrication related equipment.
The Fabricator will work with internal teammates across all departments to maintain customer satisfaction of assigned work orders. The main duties of the Fabricator can be summarized as follows:
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Fabrication of parts and product to specification using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Ability to set up and operate fabricating machines including Press Brake, Roller, Shear.
- A strong understanding of bend allowances and flat patterns.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints to determine sequence of the fabrication processes.
- Inspect parts to specifications, make adjustments or tooling changes as necessary.
- Prepare recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Identify potential cost savings, keep scrap to a minimum, be efficient in the use of all supplies.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot equipment; control and adjust machine settings.
- Work within a defined process to meet quality and time standards.
- Comply with all procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize, set up, and operate equipment and tools common to metal fabrication.
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Responsible for area housekeeping.
- Must be able to accurately measure using applicable measuring devices for the job.
- Safely and efficiently operate forklifts and overhead cranes to load and unload parts from machines, fixtures and work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Attributes
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
- Motivated and highly organized team player with a positive attitude.
- At least two years of manufacturing or industrial experience is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to quality and safety excellence a must.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
High School diploma preferred but not required with proper experience base.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Positive and professional attitude, reliable, self-motivated with continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to improve quality and safety.
This is a first shift position, working four 10-hour days in a great work environment with an excellent benefit package including health insurance and 401k plan. If interested, please visit our website: www.olsonfabrication.com for options to apply, email resume to [email protected] or stop in for an application at 1101 Perry Street in Algoma, WI.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com